Education for Ministry (EfM)
EfM is a program dedicated to the spiritual formation of the laity. Meeting in a small group that builds an atmosphere in which deep sharing can occur, participants discuss scripture and tradition and build a sense of their identity as Christians and of how they live into being instruments of God's mission in the world.
Asked to describe EfM in six words, participants said:
- Small faith-sharing group for exploring ministry
- Opportunity for learning in supportive community
- A fun, thought-provoking learning experience
- A prize each time you're there
- Understanding my faith in new ways
- A way to process your day/life/dreams
- A challenging, healing, strengthening faith journey
- A flower blooming in the desert
- Getting in touch with head, heart and soul
EfM is a four-year program, but participants' commitment is for a year at a time. The four years address the Hebrew Bile, the New Testament, History of Christianity, and Theology.
There is a $375 annual fee, and scholarships are available through St. Paul's. The cost of books and other resources are covered by this fee.
ST. PAUL'S IS CURRENTLY RECRUITING MEMBERS FOR THE ST. PAUL'S EfM PROGRAM TO BEGIN IN THE FALL, 2017.
For more information, contact Laurie Gudim (email@example.com) or Terry Birdsong (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Learn more at about EfM here.