Education for Ministry (EfM)
EfM is a program dedicated to the spiritual formation of the laity. Meeting in a small group that builds an atmosphere in which deep sharing can occur, participants discuss scripture and tradition and build a sense of their identity as Christians and of how they live into being instruments of God's mission in the world.
Asked to describe EfM in six words, participants said:
- Small faith-sharing group for exploring ministry
- Opportunity for learning in supportive community
- A fun, thought-provoking learning experience
- A prize each time you're there
- Understanding my faith in new ways
- A way to process your day/life/dreams
- A challenging, healing, strengthening faith journey
- A flower blooming in the desert
- Getting in touch with head, heart and soul
EfM is a four-year program, but participants' commitment is for a year at a time. The four years address the Hebrew Bile, the New Testament, History of Christianity, and Theology.
There is a $375 annual fee, and scholarships are available through St. Paul's. The cost of books and other resources are covered by this fee.
For more information, contact Laurie Gudim (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Terry Birdsong (email@example.com).
Learn more at about EfM here.